Friday, November 8, 2013

GOP chair Andrew Riddle to challenge Mike Edney for county commissioner

From the Hendersonville Lightning:
Henderson County Republican Party chair Andrew Riddle plans to run against Michael Edney next year for the District 1 seat on the Board of Commissioners.

"I'm going to have three issues to my platform, which I'm still finalizing," he said. "I'm definitely going to run against Mike Edney."

A building contractor, Riddle, 37, lives in Flat Rock Forest. He and his wife, Denise, have four young daughters. . .
Read it all. Mike Edney currently represents District 1, which includes Flat Rock. You may remember his comments at the December 5, 2011, county commissioners meeting when the final vote was taken to terminate the county's option on the Highland Lake Golf Club/soccer complex deal. As I wrote then (Mr. Edney's exact words in quotes):
Mike Edney: Considered Flat Rock’s response somewhat “shameful” and that people say those in Flat Rock “get lost once they get past Fresh Market” (they're not interested in being part of Henderson County)

1 comment:

  1. My name is Andrew Riddle and I'm running for Henderson County Commissioner representing District 1. I live in Flat Rock and believe Mike Edneys comments the we "get lost once they get past the Fresh Market" is absurd. I ask for your vote on May 6 so we can help Edney lose his job!
    www.electandrewriddle.com

    ReplyDelete