Friday, November 18, 2011

Mountains to Molehills: "The fact is. . ."

A big thank-you to Ashley Cauthen, an 8th grader at Flat Rock Middle School, who put together a petition in favor of the Highland Lake Golf Club staying a golf course. Lou Parris at the Times-News quotes her here:
I have been playing golf at Highland Lake Golf Course since my dad took me out at 6 years old. I started participating in golf clinics at Highland Lake when I was 8. I have been competing in tournaments since I was 9, many of them at Highland Lake Golf Course. The fact is if it weren't for Highland Lake Golf Course, I wouldn't have learned to play golf. Like many kids, I don't belong to a golf club or a country club. The middle school golf programs of Flat Rock and Apple Valley use Highland Lake to practice. Flat Rock, Apple Valley, Henderson and Rugby middle schools have at least four matches there every year....
Read it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment