Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What now?


Now that we know that Highland Lake Golf Club will not be developed into a soccer complex, the question remains as to what will happen to the property. Course Doctors, the current owners, have said the golf course will close December 31 of this year and they would like/need to sell.

I know many people want to keep it a golf course, but how to make that happen?

I’m not a golfer, so I don’t really know which organizations might be interested in helping, but just a quick google search turns up the following (all of these groups have tournaments/programs in North Carolina):
I looked primarily at youth programs because from what I’ve heard, Highland Lake Golf is a very good course for kids’ play (just ask Ashley Cauthen) and for learning the game.

Time for local golfers to get active and see what they can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment